powerpc-rtems-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.8.2-7.i386.rpm corrupt?

David Hamilton David.Hamilton at jet.uk
Fri Oct 26 16:41:31 UTC 2001

I just downloaded the precompiled toolsets from the release directory for
linux x86 host, powerpc target.

The first three rpm files were ok, but running
rpm -i powerpc-rtems-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.8.2-7.i386.rpm
produced
error:unpacking of archive failed ..... MD5 sum mismatch.

I repeated the download, but got the same error!

Next, I downloaded from elsewhere on the ftp site, a similar rpm file but
with newlib1.8.2-8 and this package installed ok.

It seems that the file mentioned above really is corrupt!!?
David