PPP via message queues

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Tue Oct 23 13:27:24 UTC 2001

Hi Greg,
I did the last ppp upgrade to the current version 2.3.11.  I left
all the pty code in the source but currently RTEMS does not
support this.  In the future, I would like to investigate it since
dial on demand requires the use of a pty.

I guess the way I would try doing what you require would be to create
your own serial device driver.  This would allow the pppd code to remain
unchanged and the serial driver would be responsible for posting messages
and events.  PPPD requires the serial device driver to be task driven
so I think this would work.  Look at the lib/libc/termios.c file to see
how RTEMS uses the rx and tx daemons for task driven serial drivers.
You may have to modify some data values in the termios data structure to
ensure the termios functions post events to your driver tasks.

Good Luck
Mike Siers