Getting started - what & where to download?

Maarten.Kruger at ziton.spx.com Maarten.Kruger at ziton.spx.com
Thu Sep 6 12:17:42 UTC 2001

Good day everybody,

I finished installing Mandrake 8.0 Linux (impressive installation !!!) and
would now like to download all the GNU parts to compile RTEMS...  I was
looking at the 'Getting started with RTEMS for C/C++ Users' .pdf file I
downloaded and it suggests that I download

egcs 1.1b
binutils 2.9.1
newlib 1.8.0
RTEMS 4.0.0. (I downloaded 4.5)
RTEMS hello world
RTEMS Specific tool patches and scripts

Since the document is quite old ('98), I would like to know whether these
versions are still applicable to compile RTEMS 4.5.0?  Do I need to
download anything else?

I read somewhere about a GNU IDE - can I use that for RTEMS?  Is anybody
using the IDE?  Where can I download the RPM for it?

Thanks a lot

Maarten Kruger