GDB source files including RTEMS target dependant files

Christophe PLANAT christophe.planat at st.com
Thu Sep 20 11:46:52 UTC 2001

Hello,

Can anyone help me in configuring GDB target API (for thread management)
in order to access RTEMS target ?

I want to analyse the way GDB thread controler and API are configured in
order to access RTEMS targets (and so
applications programs).

I had a look on RTEMS web site and saw that RTEMS releases, various CPU
and platforms are available but NO GDB
sources including RTEMS target dependant files (4.17 release ?).

Does any body knows if I can build a GDB for RTEMS target and CPU
running on simulator :
 - host   : sparc workstation on Solaris 5.5
 - target : sparc workstation on Solaris 5.5
 - CPU simulator : web site proposes sparc/erc32 simulator. Is it OK for
sparc workstation on Solaris 5.5 ?
(other proposition ?)

The communication should be done by network (UDP/IP protocol)

Thanks in advance

    Christophe

| Christophe PLANAT                 | Embedded Systems Technology    |
| Email : Christophe.Planat at st.com  | STMicroelectronics             |
| Phone : +33 04 76 92 68 82        | 850, rue Jean-Monnet           |
| Fax   : +33 04 76 92 50 94        | BP 16 - 38921 Crolles - France |