information about resources of actual application

Joel Sherrill joel at OARcorp.com
Fri Sep 28 15:41:02 UTC 2001

Jan.Suchotzki at de.abb.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> I think I understand what you are asking.
>>
>> If you check the top of the rtems/config.h file you will find a macro
>> called "rtems_resource_unlimited". When you define your object counts
>> for the configuration table via confdefs.h do :
>>
>> #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS           rtems_resource_unlimited (5)
>> #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TIMERS          rtems_resource_unlimited (10)
>> #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES      rtems_resource_unlimited (10)
>> #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES  rtems_resource_unlimited (5)
>>
>> You will be able to create an many tasks, timers, semaphores and
>> messages limited only by the Work Space memory you have allocated. The
>> size parameter is the allocation unit used. At initialisation the
>> allocation unit number of objects is allocated from the Work Space.
>

> Yes, this seems to be very helpful. But I´m not sure if I understood the
> part with the size right.
> Is it correct, that in your example 5 tasks will be allocated while
> initialisation,
> but I can use even more?

Yes.  When you creat number 6, another group of 5 will be allocated.

I believe most of the Classic API services support the unlimited option.
Chris does this work with the POSIX API as well?

I know the ITRON API has a funny notion of IDs that made unlimited
not supported for now.