Termios Problem

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Fri Sep 28 18:18:19 UTC 2001

Hi Thomas,
Attached is the interrupt handler if you want to take a look
at it.  Basically I think the interrupt handler is getting
called when the transmit buffer is empty.  So it is passing
a one to rtems_termios_dequeue_characters().  This increments
the t_dqlen value by one and calls the rtems_termios_refill_transmitter()
function.  Under normal circumstances, this function copies the
t_dqlen value and then sets the t_dqlen value to zero.  But
if the buffer is empty, the t_dqlen value is not reset to zero.
So the next transmit request will send more data values than
are in the transmit buffer.

I could have the BSP's interrupt handler not enable tx interrupts
when it notices the buffer is empty.  But how does the BSP know
when the transmit buffer is empty without having knowledge about
the tty data structure?

Mike Siers