Gdb does not support target mips-mips-rtems

Sun Apr 14 14:01:58 UTC 2002

charles at embsyspro.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> Please disregard my previous email.  I have discovered and corrected the
> configuration problems and I now have GDB-5.1.1 with the Insight Tck GUI
> front-end properly configured for mips-rtems and the Cygwin/XFree86
> environment.  I am now downloading over Ethernet and executing code on my
> NEC DDB-VRC5476 (NEC VR5432 CPU) development system using my newly
> constructed tools.  This was a major hindrance to my STB project because I
> was using the supplied Cygnus Pro tools circa 1999 (mips64vr5xxxel-elf-gcc,
> etc) to build rtems.  There are still some small issues, but when the task
> and thread awareness becomes stable enough I will make it available on my
> website.
>
> :)

The current snapshots have a thread-aware gdb serial stub for the mips.
I worked with Greg Menke to get it to work.

FWIW this work is architected so that it should be relatively painless
to use the thread specific part on any CPU.