MPC8260ADS and Linux

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Thu Apr 25 21:37:39 UTC 2002

On Thursday, April 25, 2002, at 03:12 PM, Steven Grunza wrote:

> I now have a borrowed Motorola MPC8260ADS that I need to get running
> really quickly to do some performance testing and "proof of concept"
> testing.
>
> RTEMS looks like the ideal "OS" for this task but I haven't been able
> to get the tools, utilities and snapshot from 20020301 to work under
> NetBSD
>
> I'm willing to try switching a PC from NetBSD to RedHat in order to try
> and get a usable environment.  I have RedHat 7.1 disks and could
> probably get 7.2 if it would work better but here's the question:
>
> What version of Red Hat should I use for RTEMS development on a PC?
> Should I use a different flavor of Linux?  My experience with the
> cygwin tools has been that they sometimes work, sometimes don't so I
> would rather not try using cygwin under Windows if I can avoid it.

I've used both Redhat 7.1 and 7.2 with no problems that I can recall.

What's not working with NetBSD?  I've found the tools to work quite well
in different environments.  At the moment I'm using Mac OS X as my host
machine with RTEMS gen68360, mvme167 and pc386 targets.

--
Eric Norum <eric.norum at usask.ca>
Department of Electrical Engineering