newbie question about gen68360

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Fri Apr 26 14:55:33 UTC 2002

On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 04:39 AM, Claudio Imberlina wrote:

> Hello,
>  I have a board based on a 68en360, very similar to an ACE360, I
> installed the toolchain  and rtems, then I make the example "hello",
> and obtained a file o-optimize/hello.exe.
> My question is, from this point, wich are the next step to follow, to
> burn a flash (29f040) with the firmware, to have the system running.
> How I can obtain an srec file from hello.exe, etc.

Answering your questions in reverse order:
1) m68k-rtems-objcopy --output-target srec o-optimize/hello.exe
hello.srec

2) To run from flash you need to use a different linker script.  Have a
look at the linkcmds.prom script to get an idea of what you need to do.
Running from flash is quite a bit slower than running from RAM so you
might want to look into writing a small bootstrap program which sets up
the 68360 memory configuration and then copies the real executable
(hello.exe) from flash to RAM for execution.

--
Eric Norum <eric.norum at usask.ca>
Department of Electrical Engineering