RTEMS has entered the world of MIDI

Jesus Villena id.sw at ventamatic.com
Fri Apr 5 08:00:25 UTC 2002

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> Today I have successfully generated MIDI notes on my DIMMPC running
> RTEMS, playing them back through my MIDI port on my computer. This is a
> huge milestone in this project and I should be demonstrating and
> performing with the instrument at the ACMA conference in July this year.
>
> The URL for the conference is
> http://www.iii.rmit.edu.au/sonology/ACMC2002/index.html

There is another MIDI and audio device fully programmable which uses RTEMS
as operating system and MidiShare to manage MIDI data, called Chameleon. It
uses a ColdFire running at 40MHz and a Motorola DSP56303 running at 100 MHz.
The SDK is available for free at the website:

http://www.soundart-hot.com

Regards.

Jesus