Any news on GCC 3+ and GNAT/RTEMS?

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Aug 22 08:24:48 UTC 2002

Am Don, 2002-08-22 um 09.41 schrieb VALETTE Eric:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Am Mit, 2002-08-21 um 03.54 schrieb Steve:
> >
> >>Just curious.
> >

> > Excellent timing ;):
> >
> > See ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/snapshots/c_tools/
> >
> > Furthermore, there is a greater than zero chance that RTEMS's Gnat
> > wrappers will be part of one of the next snapshots.
> >
> > Ralf
> >

> And it works :-) AT least I managed to build the tool for ppc target.
> Now, in order to test them I to build a recent snapshot.
autoconf-2.52

and

automake >= 1.6 (I am using automake-1.6.3)

> As from the
> list I remember some version requirement for automake/autoconf can you
> recall them here and also suggest intallation
Yes, I recommend to install them into the same directory as the
toolchain (Ie. /opt/rtems).

[The path name actually doesn't matter, the only fact that counts is
autoconf and automake must be installed to the same prefix.
]

> (should they be installed
> as part of the development environment and how).
There should be rpms somewhere at ftp.oarcorp.com.

If wanting to build them yourselves:

untar RTEMS's source tarball
and
cd rtems-<version>/scripts
./configure --prefix=/opt/rtems
make
cd autotools
rpm -ba autoconf-rtems.spec
[become root if necessary]
rpm -U <path>/autoconf-rtems-<version>.noarch.rpm
rpm -ba automake-rtems.spec
[become root if necessary]
rpm -U <path>/automake-rtems-<version>.noarch.rpm

Afterwards make sure to have set
PATH=/opt/rtems/bin:$(PATH)
if working at RTEMS.

Ralf