DOSFS and libblock

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Tue Aug 13 05:56:57 UTC 2002

Hello Angelo,

> I am unable to make this build. I have two errors occurring that I
> cannot get around.
>
> I will explain what I am trying to do first. I am trying to build a
> small app that uses the four files that are in
> rtems-ss-20020807\cpukit\libblock and seeing if it will run on my
> pc386dx build

I did not work yet with that snapshot, so my answers will not
be quite precise in some parts...

> The first problem I am getting is I get an error that reference 2 of
> function _CORE_mutex_Initialize is incompatible in the following
> function (I can't see why though) in module bdbuf.c

I have no idea, whta is wrong there, sorry...

> If I comment the function out (i.e. _CORE_mutex_Initialize), I get two
> unresolved externals:
> rtems_ramdisk_configuration_size and rtems_ramdisk_config
> rtems_ramdisk_configuration

You must create these two variables in your "init" module to
specify the number of ramdisks to be created and the
size/characteristics of these disks. The declaration for the
structure of "rtems_ramdisk_configuration" is in "ramdisk.h".

You should only need these variables when you actually use
ramdisks, so I guess you call some kind of initialization
function or a RAMDISK entry in your device driver table.

I hope this helps...

Thomas.

email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de