Any news on GCC 3+ and GNAT/RTEMS?

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Thu Aug 22 09:43:07 UTC 2002

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>So first question that comes in mind and make be inrelevant : do you
>>have specific rtems patch for the autoconf or automake software
>
> No.

OK.

> It basically is the standard procedure to install the packages, ie.
>
> cd <somewhere>
> tar xzvf autoconf-2.52.tar.gz
> cd autoconf-2.52
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/rtems
> make install

That for sure I know how to do that :-)

> The rpm.specs add some "nice-to-have" convenience stuff to these
> packages (man-page generation etc.), but this is not necessary for
> proper operation. The sequence above should be sufficient.

OK.

>>Next question is what are the command you have documented supposed to do
>>(if I have no rpm command, I must make it differently and understand
>>what really needs to be done).

> I don't fully understand your question, but you seem to be asking what
> the "cd scripts; ./configure ... etc." I described in my previous mail
> does.

Exactly what you typed : the regular configure, make, make install with
only the prefix command and no specific target/specific configure
options for rtems nor patch to the sources...

Thanks a lot. I should be able to build rtems this afternoon. I will
report sucess (I hope) or error to let you know.

Have a nice day,

--
    __
   /  `                          Eric Valette - Canon CRF