how can I debug on remote target(pc386) via serial port

ÕÅÕÜ zhang_zhe_163 at 163.com
Tue Dec 17 10:34:06 UTC 2002

host : intel-linux
target : pc386

On host , I use i386-rtems-gdb and use gdb-stub on target . When I ran i386-rtems-gdb on my host , and "file hello.exe , set remotebaud 38400 , target remote /dev/ttyS0 " , everything is ok . And I can "list" , "info all-register" , "break Init" . But I can not "run" .The Message is " don't know how to run , refer to help target " . What's the matter ? I think the target and symbol talbe on host are all work well , aren't they ?

And I can not perform "load".

By the way , if I want to load an application via gdb and serial port connection , can gdb-stub do well ? If it can not , will rdbg or something else do ?

Thank u