Success using MSYS... and failure

Steve steved94 at attbi.com
Mon Dec 23 04:52:00 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Whitfield" <paulw at microsol.iinet.net.au>
To: "Steve" <steved94 at attbi.com>
Cc: "rtems-users" <rtems-users at OARcorp.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: Success using MSYS... and failure

> Steve wrote:
> > After updating to a newer version of MSYS, the mingw runtime, and the
> > w32api.  I now get much farther with my build.  Now I get an error some
time
> > after entering "make cross":
>
> It appears that collect2.exe is your problem.
>
> IIRC: gcc on windows does not use collect2.
> The calls that can not be resolved are unix calls and are not
> available in the MS runtime.
>
> There may be a work-around for this, you are better off chasing this
> on the MSYS mailing list (which I see you have already posted to
> with an earlier problem).
>
> Why are you trying to build these for MSYS?
>
> Why don't you want to use cygwin?

I would eventually like to have a compiler that I can install with no cygwin
in sight.  Perhaps I'm making bad inferences.  Maybe I can build a compiler
on cygwin setting --host=i686-pc-mingw32 with the rtems target.

I guess I hadn't really thought about it.

Perhaps I'll try that.

Thanks,
Steve
(The Duck)