Success using MSYS... and failure

Paul Whitfield paulw at microsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 23 04:59:30 UTC 2002

> I would eventually like to have a compiler that I can install with no cygwin
> in sight.  Perhaps I'm making bad inferences.  Maybe I can build a compiler
> on cygwin setting --host=i686-pc-mingw32 with the rtems target.
>
> I guess I hadn't really thought about it.
>
> Perhaps I'll try that.

The thing is that RTEMS relies on

make, Automake, autoconf, sed

(at least)

So you are better off sticking with cygwin.

Also the rtems simulator runs under cygwin as well.

On the whole, since the primary development platform for
RTEMS is Linux, you really will make you life much easier
if you use cygwin.

Best regards

Paul