Network VLAN Device Driver

Michael J. Siers mikes at poliac.com
Tue Dec 24 21:27:07 UTC 2002

Hi All,
I am doing a little testing with the latest version snapshot of the
RTEMS code
on an i386 pc.  I have one network driver (fxp0) but I would like to have it
setup to handle two different IP addresses.  This cabability is
available in *BSD
by setting up a IEEE 802.1Q VLAN device support in the kernel and using the
ifconfig command with the different vlan parameters. This adds a vlan0
interface
to the system.

Has anyhow done this with RTEMS?  I searched through the RTEMS source
tree and I do not see any reference to the VLAN cabability.  I am
guessing I will
have to update some network source files and add a new network driver
if_vlan.
What version of the FreeBSD TCP/IP stack is being used by RTEMS?

Mike Siers