problems with upgrade to latest tools

Peter Mueller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Tue Dec 31 00:46:56 UTC 2002

Hello,

during looking after one bug (see earlier mail) I now have other problems
:-)

I upgraded from gcc 2.95.3 to m68k-rtems-gcc (GCC) 3.2.1 (OAR Corporation
gcc-3.2.1-20021209/newlib-1.10.0-20021127 4)

Compiling my (c++) application works fine but now I got many errors while
linking. First of all I found out that I need a new entry in linkcmds:
*(.jcr) What is this for?

Then it seems that I have to link now with g++ to get rid of all the
"undefined ...". errors. But when I link with g++ (by the way, where can I
set make-cxx-exe) the usual make procedure stops after creation of the
*.nxe file but does not run m68k-rtems-objcopy, m68k-rtems-nm,
m68k-rtems-size. Why that? Do I have to change something in my makefile (I
have it attached)?

Next is: do I need a gdb version newer than 5.0 to work with gcc 3.2.1?

Hope you can help me, becaus my built env is broken at the moment.

Peter

P.S: The reason why I upgraded to a newer compiler was that a newer libc6
breaks gcc with internal errors. Maybe I can fix this by compiling gcc
2.95.3 on my own. How can I do that? I'm running debain (woody) + this f*
libc6 from testing.

- --
Makefile
 #
#  $Id: Makefile,v 1.1 2001/09/10 14:51:03 jsuchotzki Exp $
# PECOSDEMO Makefile
# based on Templates/Makefile.leaf
#
#  RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH is typically set in an environment variable
#
VPATH+=.

# C source names, if any, go here -- minus the .c
C_PIECES=
C_FILES=$(C_PIECES:%=%.c)
C_O_FILES=$(C_PIECES:%=${ARCH}/%.o)

# C++ source names, if any, go here -- minus the .cc
CC_PIECES=init thread vs1001 hdClient control serialHMI Net
CC_PIECES+=

CC_FILES=$(CC_PIECES:%=%.cpp)
CC_O_FILES=$(CC_PIECES:%=${ARCH}/%.o)

H_FILES=

# Assembly source names, if any, go here -- minus the .S
S_PIECES=
S_FILES=$(S_PIECES:%=%.S)
S_O_FILES=$(S_FILES:%.S=${ARCH}/%.o)

SRCS=$(C_FILES) $(CC_FILES) $(H_FILES) $(S_FILES)
OBJS=$(C_O_FILES) $(CC_O_FILES) $(S_O_FILES)

PGMS=${ARCH}/mp3.exe

# List of RTEMS managers to be included in the application goes here.
# Use:
#     MANAGERS=all
# to include all RTEMS managers in the application.
MANAGERS=io event message rate_monotonic semaphore timer partition task

include $(RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH)/Makefile.inc

include $(RTEMS_CUSTOM)
include $(RTEMS_ROOT)/make/leaf.cfg

#
# (OPTIONAL) Add local stuff here using +=
#

DEFINES  +=
CPPFLAGS += -I. -DNASSERT

#
# CFLAGS_DEBUG_V are used when the `make debug' target is built.
# To link your application with the non-optimized RTEMS routines,
# uncomment the following line:
CFLAGS_DEBUG_V += -qrtems_debug
#

LD_PATHS  +=
LD_LIBS   +=
LD_LIBS   += -lrtems++$(LIB_VARIANT)
LDFLAGS   +=

#
# Add your list of files to delete here.  The config files
#  already know how to delete some stuff, so you may want
#  to just run 'make clean' first to see what gets missed.
#  'make clobber' already includes 'make clean'
#

CLEAN_ADDITIONS += ./doc
CLOBBER_ADDITIONS +=

all:	${ARCH} $(SRCS) $(PGMS)