telnetd information request

Wed Dec 18 14:02:01 UTC 2002

Quality Quorum wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>

> > I got this personally and thought it was better addressed to the list.
> >
> > --joel
> >

> > Madhu Raju wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey,
> > > I need to create a telnet connection to access RTEMS directory from any remote
> > > terminal. How can i go about doing that?
> > > Please help.
> > > Thanking you,
> > > Madhu Raju
> >
> > The short answer is that you have to setup the telnetd server and
> > initialize
> > it.  There is a simple shell that can be associated with it.
> >

> I am sorry do we have telnet server as part of RTEMS already ?

Amazingly enough yes. :)  It is in c/src/libnetworking/rtems_telnetd.
I personally view it not as much as a UNIX-ism as a neat way to provide
a hook to a custom shell/monitor/diagnostic that is application
specific.
It would be a neat way to provide a service technician interface.

Till if you have some pathes for it, please shoot them to me.