Success using MSYS... and failure

Paul Whitfield paulw at microsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 23 04:31:51 UTC 2002

Steve wrote:
> After updating to a newer version of MSYS, the mingw runtime, and the
> w32api.  I now get much farther with my build.  Now I get an error some time
> after entering "make cross":

It appears that collect2.exe is your problem.

IIRC: gcc on windows does not use collect2.
The calls that can not be resolved are unix calls and are not
available in the MS runtime.

There may be a work-around for this, you are better off chasing this
on the MSYS mailing list (which I see you have already posted to
with an earlier problem).

Why are you trying to build these for MSYS?

Why don't you want to use cygwin?

The RTEMS build environment works really quite
well under cygwin, and will be easier to build,
and supported (eventually).

At least I think that cygwin is still support, is that the
case Joel or anyone else care to comment?

Best regards

Paul