snapshot build clean up?

Wed Feb 13 21:32:04 UTC 2002

Chris Caudle wrote:

> I'm a bit new to using RTEMS snapshots, having only used releases before, so
> I'm hoping someone has seen this problem and can help out:
> I built the 0118 snapshot, and wanted to rebuild RTEMS using the 0205 snapshot.
> I am getting errors during configure now about not being able to find
> confdefs.h, even when I go back to the 0118 snapshot and try to rebuild using
> that.
> I removed the /opt/rtems/i386-rtems directory that previously contained the
> pc386 bsp I built.  Did I accidentally delete some tools when I did that?
> What is the proper procedure for cleaning up and rebuilding from a new
> snapshot?  Just leave everything alone and let the build handle it, delete the
> bsp library directory, or something different?

You deleted too much.

I am doing this constantly and installed BSPs tend to not get in the
way.  When it comes time to reinstall them, you can delete
/opt/rtems/CPU-rtems/BSP if I got that path right.  There is also
a /opt/rtems/make directory if I recall correctly that you would
want to clobber.

If you are using RPMs, a simple thing to do is uninstall them,
rm -rf /opt/rtems and start over. :)