RTEMS tool patch status

Fri Feb 15 14:40:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

As you are probably aware, binutils and gcc are approaching
release points and newlib just released 1.10.0.  I thought
I would pass on some good news...

binutils 2.12  - early reports from users are good.  I am
  getting ready to check it out myself to try lots of targets.
gcc 3.0-CVS    - ALL RTEMS patches should be in the repository
gcc main CVS   - ALL non-Ada RTEMS patches should be in the
  repository
newlib 1.10.0  - Eric Norum reported a Makefile problem that
  resulted in setjmp not being included on i386 targets.
  I have spotted a sparc libgloss problem that does not
  impact RTEMS.

Any feedback is useful as as release points are VERY close.