SH tool chain and lastest snapshot...

Silverio Diquigiovanni silverio.di at qem.it
Thu Feb 14 13:15:20 UTC 2002

From: "Joel Sherrill" <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com>

> Silverio Diquigiovanni wrote:
> >
> > is the Cygwin Hitachi SH tool chain from OARCORP ftp aligned with
> > the latest RTEMS snapshot ? Or is that usable only with 4.5.0 release ?

> Snapshot.  If I can get some positive feedback on those I will know
> that I can use Linux to build Cygwin hosted tools very quickly.  Then
> I will be comfortable using the same technique to build 450 tools.
>
> FYI the binutils and gdb can be used with releases or 450 -- it
> is only gcc/newlib that has to be aligned.

Actually I already use with success the Cygwin SH tool chain with 4.5.0
(rtems-4.5.0.tgz). In the snapshot I think are necessary the new version
of gcc (3.x ?) and newlib how you have suggest me, so with snapshot I
can't use old Cygwin SH tool chain and I must realign with last (perhaps
only present in source code form).

You said that the Cygwin tool chain construction is very simple when made
in a Linux host so I can try to do it, but unfortunately I don't have a good
knowledge about necesary steps to do that. I've the Linux Redhat 6.1 and
eventually the Mandrake 7.2. If the necessary steps to create Cygwin tool
chain for SH are simple (in Linux host) please someone could teach me
what I must do ?

Thank you in advance....
Silverio