attempt at loopback only network test

Fri Jan 4 19:30:48 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have attempted to put together a simple network test
that only uses the loopback interface.  I would like to
start with a test that has a couple of tasks and they
ping back and forth by reading/writing to a port.  By
using only the loopback interface, this should work
on simulators and simple targets.  The goal is to have
some networking tests that can be automated and included
in the regular RTEMS tests.

>From the single ping/pong test, I would eventually like
to see tests that check out the ftpd and httpd servers
using whatever minor hack of a client it takes to drive
them and verify they function.  It should also be possible
to exercise some (most?) of the socket options, timeouts,
etc.

So if anyone could figure out what is wrong with the attached
code, it would sure be appreciated.  I expect it will result
in someone teaching me network programming basics. :)

Thanks.