ne2000 on pc386

Vivek Vaid vaid at me.iitb.ac.in
Fri Jan 11 19:12:19 UTC 2002

hi,

i tried to compile and run netdemo on a 486 machine, which has a bootrom
and boots from netboot, and runs other rtems programs correctly.

it said:
PCI DEC not found...
then i tried using "wd1" driver but that said "too many files open"

I have read a similar query and its answer related to some other card on
the archive.

i cannot find where should i set "ne1"
I know somewhere it has to be "ne1" because i did a grep and found it in
i386ex, but it was not in PC386 directory

The card i am using is ne2000, compatible isa card. so on windows and
linux it doesnt work unless i specify the io address and irq.
should i modify the structure in netconfig.h for net demo, adding these
fields ?

i would appreciate any help and pointers.

till then I am recompiling the full bsp for i386..

regards
Vivek