boostrap failing

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Sat Jan 12 18:01:30 UTC 2002

Am Fre, 2002-01-11 um 21.13 schrieb Joel Sherrill:

> > "Jowell, Chris {D177~Roswell}" wrote:
> >
> > OK I've copied the versions of autoconf and automake from SuSE 7.2
> > (which works... Still!) to /opt/rtems/bin on my 7.3 box which helped.
Nope, this can't help. autoconf and automake are non relocatible.

> > But bootstrap still does not complete without errors, have I missed
> > something else?
Yes, you need to have autoconf-2.13 and automake-1.4/automake-1.4_p5 for
rtems-4.5.x.

> What all did you copy?

Forget about copying, this can't work. You need to build both,
autoconf-1.13 _and_ automake-1.4x with the same prefix from source.

I.e. If wanting to use rtems-4.5.x and wanting to install it to
/opt/rtems, I would recommend to build
autoconf-2.13
and
automake-1.4
from source, using --prefix=/opt/rtems

> It would be easy to not grabbed them all.
>
> I think it would be safer to download the old autoconf version,
> configure
> it to be in /opt/rtems and do a make all install.  It builds and
> installs
> from source in seconds.
Right, this is __the__ solution.

> And make sure your PATH has the new tools first.
=> Set PATH=/opt/rtems/bin:$PATH if working with RTEMS-4.5.x

Ralf