boostrap failing

Fri Jan 11 20:13:15 UTC 2002

> "Jowell, Chris {D177~Roswell}" wrote:
>
> OK I've copied the versions of autoconf and automake from SuSE 7.2
> (which works... Still!) to /opt/rtems/bin on my 7.3 box which helped.
>
> But bootstrap still does not complete without errors, have I missed
> something else?

What all did you copy?  The RTEMS autoconf package has the following
programs in .../bin:

opt/rtems/bin/autoconf
opt/rtems/bin/autoheader
opt/rtems/bin/autoreconf
opt/rtems/bin/autoscan
opt/rtems/bin/autoupdate
opt/rtems/bin/ifnames

It would be easy to not grabbed them all.

I think it would be safer to download the old autoconf version,
configure
it to be in /opt/rtems and do a make all install.  It builds and
installs
from source in seconds.

And make sure your PATH has the new tools first.