new snapshot and gdb RPMs

Peter Mueller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Sat Jan 19 09:28:54 UTC 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:13:17 -0600
Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a new RTEMS snapshot in the usual place:
>
> ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/snapshots/current
>
> It is a significant step forward in the move to
> a multilib'ed RTEMS and a separate BSP Kit.  ...

Hi Joel,

I'm not an expert how Rtems was built in the past. But I like to understand more what has changed now. Can you explain it a bit more in detail. Is it that you can build the rtems core seperately from the hardware related code (bsp) ?
What does this mean for the user or for an BSP 'owner'?

Thanks a lot,
Peter

--
Peter Mueller