resource monitoring

Jan.Suchotzki at de.abb.com Jan.Suchotzki at de.abb.com
Wed Jan 30 13:10:45 UTC 2002

Hi Joel,

I found the follwoing mail in the archive:

>Peter Mueller wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I like to monitor execution of an rtems application. I saw that the
necessary OS hooks are already there to get e.g. task switching et cetera.
My plan is to log >>such system events in a large ring buffer. The buffer
could be displayed later on.

>If you are going to add any more system log events than can be done via
adding
>an extension,
>I would HIGHLY recommend doing something a bit more general and adding
some
>macros that
>can be dropped anywhere in the executive source and conditionally enabled.
>Getting the
>infrastructure in place to handle this is one thing.  Starting to
instrument
>RTEMS is another.
>I would like to see some instrumentation in place.

>--
>Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
>joel at OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
>Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
>Support Available                (256) 722-9985

What do you mean with doing something a bit more general? There is a tool
for monitoring the Linux Kernel (Linux Trace Toolkit).
Do you mean something like this?
Is there already something in progress?

regards

Jan Suchotzki