BSP_install_rtems_irq_handler API

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Wed Jan 9 09:19:42 UTC 2002

Till Straumann wrote:

> Well, I can't really see the "high cost" of
>
> rtems_hdl_tbl[irq].hdl(rtems_hdl_tbl[irq].usrArg);
>
> or at least
>
> rtems_hdl_tbl[irq].hdl(irq);
>
> vs.  the current implementation:
>
> rtems_hdl_tbl[irq].hdl();

Well you have several more instructions for each interrupt and more
important is that the API allows you to do it using redirectors.

> I'm sorry - I don't understand your 'redirector' idea. The only way I could
>
> imagine doing it is by having a redirector routine for each vector:
>
> void redir_hdlr1(void)
> {
>    generic_hdlr(ARG1);
> }
>
> void redir_hdlr2(void)
> {
>   generic_hdlr(ARG2);
> }
>
> etc. IMO, this is clearly a _lot_ more unelegant, inefficient and less
> flexible
> than having the dispatcher passing at least the vector as an argument...

Why inefficient? You have an additionnal function call for *some* interrupts

but you have several instruction less for nearly all interrupts?

--
    __
   /  `                          Eric Valette - Canon CRF