MSR storing - to Joel and E.Valette

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Thu Jan 24 12:05:38 UTC 2002

leonp wrote:

> On Thursday 24 January 2002 12:32, you wrote:

> But what to do in my case - I want to disable IRQ globally, I don't want HW
> events to occur?

Why do not use the external hardware controller? You can disable all
interrupts at SIU level just by clearing or setting to 0xffffffff in a
32 bits word. For me this is the right way to do. But, from a
theoritical design point of view, if you manipulate this kinds of bits
with selective values (nor everything on or off) at thread level, then
you should make the thread non-preemptible...

--
    __
   /  `                          Eric Valette - Canon CRF