Revisied adding a bsp was: Re: adding a bsp

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jul 2 16:27:23 UTC 2002

Am Die, 2002-07-02 um 17.46 schrieb Paul Evans:

> Your comment about auto(make|conf) is spot on. I gave up entirely on Solaris
> 8 with autoconf 2.52 and a couple older ones (which I can't recall the
> versions
> of but think 2.12 was one of them)
This would be a pretty ancient - outdated for >4 years.

> RedHat 7.2's stock Autoconf 2.13 works
> well for me.
rtems-4.5.x requires autoconf-2.13 and automake-1.4

rtems-snapshots require autoconf-2.52 and automake >= 1.6

> I'm still befuddled about why I couldn't get anything going on
> Solaris though.
Unless you report bugs, nobody will be able to help you.

rtems-snapshots w/ autoconf-2.52 is supposed to work on Solaris, but is
hardly tested. rtems-4.5.0 does not work with autoconf != 2.13.

Finally: Why don't you install the corresponding auto*tools toolchain
into a separate directory if your default auto*tools versions do not
match with versions required by RTEMS? This is what we do for Linux.

Ralf