Computer cluster, new bsp ?

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Fri Jul 19 15:28:19 UTC 2002

On Friday, July 19, 2002, at 06:00 AM, Salman wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I've decided to start working on my final year project.
> project: RTEMS on a SCI based computer cluster
>
> We're using Dolphin SCI network cards. As far as I can see, this simply
> implies porting Linux drivers to RTEMS drivers. Hopefully they
> shouldn't be
> much different from standard ethernet cards. Any comments or suggestions
> regarding this are most welcome.

You might want to start with a FreeBSD driver rather than a Linux driver
since the RTEMS network stack is from FreeBSD.  The biggest changes are:
1) Add an rtems attach function.
2) Move all code from the interrupt handler to a thread.  The interrupt
handler should just disable further interrupts from the device, and send
an event to wake up the handler thread.

The if_fxp.c (82559) driver which Thomas Doerfler modified is a good
example of the changes which must be made.  Use diff to see what was
done.
--
Eric Norum <eric.norum at usask.ca>
Department of Electrical Engineering