problems with latest snapshot
jmaillet at club-internet.fr
Thu Jul 4 15:36:34 UTC 2002
Hello rtems users, hello Peter,
This is my first post on the list (well the second, I already suggest a
GP32/ARM or a Sega Dreamcast/Hitachi SH as an alternative target to a
Gameboy/ARM rtems port, but anyway...) so I take this oportunity to jump
I am an rtems newbie, working on a BSP for a Motorola 68332 based board.
The board is called nf300, engineered by a german school and
manufactured by a company called VHF.
I first looked for "the guy who already did it", and this is how thanks
to the mailing list archives I get in touch with Peter (Hello Peter).
Now *if* Peter's talking about this 68332 port, then we use the same CPU
board but with different peripherals expansion boards. Since Peter's
code is a bit old I didn't used it to avoid regressions pb like the ones
described below so this is kind of a different fork, but anyway I of
course stumble accross the same problems as Peter's did on my way of a
port from efi332. I use the 20020301 snapshot BTW. My BSP print from
RAM, well print quite a lot before freezing to be honest :) since 3
hours. That's fresh. Peter went a lot further than I.
I'm glad to see that you've looked at this BSP again Peter (*if* you
were talking about the nf300). Two users of this board here == a good
On the technical side :
I confirm that the plain vanilla unmodified efi332 BSP from the 20020301
snapshot build like a breeze. In fact I've been much impressed by
OAR/rtems so far. Also built the UNIX/POSIX BSP on 3 different machines
without much troubles.
But I noticed 2 pbs during porting from efi332:
1 - a sed script in the efi332/start directory. This makes start.c that
it processes very fragile to editing. The script author says it's
because he's gas break on '|' used in masks. I suspect it's because m68k
gas uses by default '|' as a start comment character, but it's a bit to
obvious... did not tried to fix it for now, just lived with it.
2 - lack of dependencies on some headers file, like efi332.h. A modify
of this file is not enough to triger a rebuild of involved c/objects.
Then again, not fixed for now but this is much more painfull.
And as you may have noticed from my accent, yes, I'm french.
I work for EADS (www.eads.com) in the telecom division, and uses rtems
for a hobby project - sorry about that - for a french/european robotic
Peter Mueller a écrit :
> thanks for the tip. I really use a custom efi332 BSP with the snapshot from 20010326. Changing the bsp_spec file as you proposed solved the problem.
> Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de> wrote:
> > Yes, librtemsall.has been replaced by two new libraries:
> > librtemsbsp.a and librtemscpu.a.
More information about the users