Run-time selection of pc386 BSP console

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Fri Jul 12 15:39:12 UTC 2002

On Thursday, July 11, 2002, at 04:41 PM, Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> A compile time directive to determine whether the auto detect should
> take place would be better. I am using the 386dx bsp in my embedded
> system and don't want my serial ports taken away from me if there is no
> video adapter.

O.K., I'll place any changes inside a #ifdef
RTEMS_RUNTIME_CONSOLE_SELECT conditional.

BTW -- what happens on your system when something does a printf and/or
printk and there's no video adapter and the serial ports are used for
other purposes?

--
Eric Norum <eric.norum at usask.ca>
Department of Electrical Engineering