Copying from Linux

Jay Monkman jtm at smoothsmoothie.com
Fri Jul 19 16:54:20 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 11:42:17AM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> You would have to bootstrap from the arm diretory (should have a
> configure.ac

I did run bootstrap from the top directory (I didn't know that I could
run it from a subdir - that will save a lot of time :-) ), but it's
still not working. I'll just add it to my test application for now,
like you suggested.

> in it).  Long term, we need to get it into newlib.  I have a tool
> revision building now.  If you want the BSD version included in newlib,
> email it to me and I will add it to the next newlib patch.  If you
> get it to me quickly, I can kill the RPM build and include it in them.

I'll wait until I hear back from the author of the Linux one (Russell
King), since that one is up to 25% faster.

As soon as I find out, I'll get you the code. I didn't have to change
it, except to copy a macro or two from a header file it needed.

--
Jay Monkman	    The truth knocks on the door and you say "Go away, I'm
                    looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.