BSP development questions

Gerwin Pfab pb at schenk.isar.de
Mon Jun 3 09:04:16 UTC 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Keith Outwater wrote:

> Greetings all -
>
> I am going to take a shot at making a BSP for an Intel i960js processor
> based system.  I have a chance of getting RTEMS onto the board if I can
> do the BSP quickly.
>
> I read in the latest snapshot that the i960 BSP for the CVME961 is
> compile-only.  Is anyone using RTEMS on an i960?

Yes.
We are using RTEMS 4.0 since more than 2 years on our self-developed PCI
Boards with  I960VH (time critical picture processing application). We
made our own BSP by Cut&Paste from CVME961 and
doing some necessary modifications. It runs since then without any
problems
and we never updated to RTEMS 4.5 and don't have plans to do so.

> Keith Outwater
> Sr. Staff Engineer
> Microvision, Inc.

Gerwin Pfab

Gerwin Pfab <pb at schenk.isar.de>   Dr. Schenk Industriemesstechnik GmbH
Dipl. Ing.                        Einsteinstrasse 37
Software Engineering              D-82152 Martinsried
                                  Tel: +49-89-85695-0