Bug ?

Vyacheslav V. Burdjanadze wr at zelax.ru
Wed Jun 5 23:28:08 UTC 2002

Hi.

1. Why struct ifaddr has ifa_flags member of size equal to unsigned
short but flags may not fit into this member (especially RTF_PRCLONING).

2. The second shit we discovered is:
When we remove ethernet address from interface all cloned routes (arp)
remains in routing table. This will cause number of mysterios bugs (
remote hosts replied on our icmp echo to another host). Setting
RTF_PRCLONING interface address flag in arp_ifinit() is neccessary to
prevent this bug from occuring.

--

- " Why do you call this software 'beta' ? "
- " Cuz it beta than nothin' ! "