New BSP build question.

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Jun 5 16:54:24 UTC 2002

Am Mit, 2002-06-05 um 18.40 schrieb Jim Robinson:
> Ok,
> I copied the motorola_powerpc BSP to MyBSP, and created a MyBSP.cfg in
> the <root>/make/custom directory. I also changed the line 6 to MyBSP in
> configure.ac file in my BSP dir.
> soooooooo now what?

Make sure to have the correct version of autotools in $PATH.

cd c/src/lib/libbsp/<cpu>

[If using RTEMS > 4.5.0:
Add your BSP to c/src/lib/libbsp/<cpu>/acinclude.m4]

<pathtortems-toplevel>/bootstrap

Make sure to have the target toolchain in $PATH
(export PATH=/opt/rtems/bin:$PATH)

cd <somewhere>
<pathtortems-toplevel>/configure --target=<cpu>-rtems [more options] \
--enable-maintainer-mode

make RTEMS_BSP=<MyBSP>

> I tried doing an autoconf to rebuild the configure and aclocal to
> rebuild the m4 files and ./bit_rtems powerpc MyBSP files with a bad
> configure in the powerpc sub dir...
FYI: bit_rtems is essentially dead.

> What am I doing wrong? Is there an other doc beside the "BSP and Device
> Driver Development Guide" to follow? Is there a FAQ on simple BSP
> building somewhere I haven't found yet? (ie. copy the psim dir and edit
> there files and then run these commands here and there.....)

Ralf