downloading image

root joel at OARcorp.com
Thu Jun 6 17:33:08 UTC 2002

> Sachin K wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> i have few questions,
>
> 1)    How to run an RTEMS image standalone on PC if the image doesn't
> fit in a floppy? (i have tried with grub for small application & it
> works)

Is the image stripped or does it include debug information?  With
debug information, even the smallest programs might not fit.

But many people use a network boot type setup.

> 2)    How to debug the application using remote GDB ? ( i have gone
> through "rtems_gdb.pdf" & "rgdb_specs.pdf" still i don't know what to
> run on the remote machine ??)

You should be able to use the i386-RTEMS-gdb (note the caps) and
just follow the instructions.  The debug server is included with
your application.

> these questions may be silly ... but please do reply.

They aren't silly. :)