question about modifying BSP

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 7 19:14:17 UTC 2002

 > OK - time for me to admit my complete ignorance and ask for some basic
 > help. I want to make some changes to the BSP code. In particular I want
 > to modify start.S - How do I do this in so I can test it in  a "local"
 > framework. that is. I don't want to rebuilt rtems and replace teh
 > existin start.o until I get it right. Have I missed some critical part
 > of the documentation, or is this not really covered anywhere?

The easiest approach is to make a backup of the old start.S, then hack
away.  If you want to replace start.S for an extended period (like
across RTEMS udpates), then it would be better to either get your
changes incorporated into RTEMS or see if your bsp_specs file allows
you an option to substitute your own start.o instead of the default
one.  We had to add that to bsp_specs for the MIPS MongooseV bsp- its
pretty easy.  You probably already have an option for subtituting your
own linkscript.

Gregm