Rtems Rebuild Remake Question

Fri Mar 8 18:41:39 UTC 2002

"Aaron J. Grier" wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 10:17:30AM -0600, Bill Butler(test) wrote:
>
> > (In the Src tree )
> >
> > 1)touch Makefile.am
> > 2) ../../../../../../bootstrap (tried running in BSP SRC directory and
> > m68k SRC dir)
> > 3) This does create an updated Makefile.in in the SRC directory.
> >
> > (Build tree side)
> > 4) configure --target=m68k-rtems --enable-rtemsbsp="<BSP>"
> > --prefix=/opt/m68k-rtems
> > 5) make all
> > 6) makefile.in (from the SRC tree) is then used to create a Makefile in
> > the build tree. Right? When I said "copied over", this is what I was
> > trying to state. Sorry for the attempted shortcut.
> >
> > Problem:
> > Steps 1-5 are working fine.
> > Step 6 is not happening
>
> I have seen this as well.  (re-running the top-level configure doesn't
> update everything.)  one thing to try is manually re-running configure
> farther down in the tree, IE
>
> cd m68k-rtems/c/$YOURBSP/lib/libbsp/m68k/$YOURBSP
> head config.status
>
> and then run the configure line shown in config.status .
>
> --enable-maintainer-mode is supposed to add in the missing dependencies,
> but I seem to recall having the same problem...

I may be spoiled with my new machine but it doesn't take THAT long
to rebuild. :)  I use a script so I don't have to reenter a long
configure command each time.  Redirect the output to a file so
the screen IO is not a speed limiter.

I know Bill mentioned being on Cygwin and that is a bit slower
than a UNIX though.