How I made my BSP support multiple memory maps

Phil Torre ptorre at zetron.com
Tue Mar 12 02:11:58 UTC 2002

Many thanks to all of those who sent suggestions.  Since my application
is pretty simple (support two different target memory sizes via a switch
at application compile time), I went with the simple trick of having
two targets in the application makefile which pass different options to
the linker for locating the text section.

One target has this in its link flags:
	-Wl,-Ttext -Wl,0xff000000

And the other has this:
	-Wl,-Ttext -Wl,0xff800000

The text section comes first in the linkcmds, and the other sections are
placed after it; the above link flags move the linked image to the right
address.

-Phil

Phil Torre                               phone: 425-820-6363 x234
Design Engineer                          email: ptorre at zetron.com
Switching Systems Group                    fax: 425-820-7031
Zetron, Inc.                               web: http://www.zetron.com