cygwin running forign exe was Re: Network driver for SMSC LAN91C96 (91C94)

Ian Caddy ianc at microsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 14 03:46:10 UTC 2002

Hi Joel,

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> > Yes, it would be very helpfull if I could have a look at your BSP port as
> > well as the SMC91C111
> > driver (when available).
>
> I would like to see this driver in the RTEMS tree and hopefully
> implemented
> in a libchip style so other BSPs can use it as well.

I am still only a novice at this RTEMS business.....but I will give it a try.  I
will first get the driver working on my BSP, and then look at porting it out.

I have one one question about this porting, and it revolves around the DMA which
is provided on the Coldfire 5307 that I am using.  How can this be put in the
libchip? I could provide it without DMA, or put some sort of hook in place that
allowed others to provide a routine for putting data into and taking it out of the
MAC memory.  I will probably have more questions once I am ready to try the port.

The status of the driver is that I just about have it compiling now and am about
to start the (hopefully not to long) debug cycle.  The other complication is that
this is virgin hardware here also, so I will get to iron out any hardware wrinkles
at the same time.

Talk to you soon,

Ian Caddy

ianc at microsol.iinet.net.au