code fails if made with debug

Wed Mar 6 14:07:47 UTC 2002

Jerry Needell wrote:

> As Joel suggests, this is probably a resource issue. Unfortunately the
> program is halting before it can call the Internal_error_Occurred
> routing. I "think" it is a stack issue. Now my question. What is the
> best way to add resources. I see that in the BSP start.S code the
> constant STACK_SIZE is set to 16 * 1024. Is this the best pace to make a
> change or is there some more configurable place in the RTEMS confdefs
> that I should be concentrating on.

You mentioned offlist that it looked to be dying in the init thread
before calling the C++ constructors.  This tends to indicate to me
that a spurious interrupt is occuring since this interrupts are
enabled at the first context switch.  This could be explained by
HW init code that is compiled differently at low optimizations
and is touching the hardware wrong.