Rtems Rebuild Remake Question

Fri Mar 8 16:43:56 UTC 2002

"Bill Butler(test)" wrote:

> I am not saying that there was a Makefile.in in the build tree. I
> explained more in detail  what I was doing the first time I wrote about
> this so I skipped some steps this time.. sorry for the confusion.

Are you using the RTEMS versions of automake/autoconf or what came
with the system?

> (In the Src tree )
>
> 1)touch Makefile.am
> 2) ../../../../../../bootstrap (tried running in BSP SRC directory and
> m68k SRC dir)
> 3) This does create an updated Makefile.in in the SRC directory.
>
> (Build tree side)
> 4) configure --target=m68k-rtems --enable-rtemsbsp="<BSP>"
> --prefix=/opt/m68k-rtems
> 5) make all
> 6) makefile.in (from the SRC tree) is then used to create a Makefile in
> the build tree. Right? When I said "copied over", this is what I was
> trying to state. Sorry for the attempted shortcut.
>
> Problem:
> Steps 1-5 are working fine.
> Step 6 is not happening
>
> If I run bootstrap (../../../../../bootstrap ) in the BSP directory on
> the SCR tree side, and then steps 4 and steps 5 ,the results is that
> step 6 does not happen !
>
> Update: I did get it to work (step 6) when I do a bootstrap in the root
> SRC directory (/tools/rtems-ss-2002.../) shouldn't it work if you run
> bootstrap in the BSP directory only?

Yep.  bootstrap works in any directory with a configure.ac script in it.

> About --enable-maintainer-mode. I was under the impression that this
> would
> Automatically run bootstrap on a configure. But if you did boot strap
> manually you did not need it..  I am not using --enable-maintainer-mode
> currently because someone stated it was not working for all BSP. I'm I
> incorrect?

I don't know.  I don't use it often.  When I do full builds of all
configurations, I bootstrap -c / bootstrap from the top as the
first thing.

> Ah well I will test the local bootstrap method with
> -enable-maintainer-mode on and see if that changes anything.
>
> Sorry for all the confusion.

No problem.