heap block not aligned

Fri Mar 8 18:29:38 UTC 2002

Gerald Needell wrote:

> I am getting a memory alignment error (BSP - ERC32) in a call to
> _Heap_Is_Block_free. THis only occurs if I use the "debug" version of
> RTEMS (I am using. 4.5.1 pre 3). The failure occurs when I try to delete
> the "Init" task. I have traced the code and indeed the pointer the_block
> is set to a non word aligned value. Any clues how to proceed with this?

What logical piece of data is being freed?  The stack, etc.

I would tend to think that something is corrupting the pointer to
be freed.  For example, RTEMS returns the stack using a pointer
it stored away at init time.  If that gets corrupted all bets
are off.

Once we know what logically is being returned, we can monitor
that location in memory and binary search in on the corrupting point.