NanoX was Re: RTEMS Shell

Shawn Tan shawn.tan at aeste.net
Wed Mar 20 03:20:33 UTC 2002

Chris Caudle wrote:

> RTEMS provides low level services like memory management, timers, thread

Ah, I think that I get it now. Can I say that it's like an API for
assembly writing.. in the sense that it's just a tad above controlling
everything directly through assembly.. It provides an interface to make
things easier.. but not so easy as a full fledge OS is..

So, if I want it to support audio, I'll have to either get the code for
it, or write the board specific code for it myself.. and If I want to
make it run any program, I'll have to put it all in the image.. almost
everything has to be there..

Thanks.

With Metta,
Shawn Tan.