Anyone using RTEMS on MPC8260ADS

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Thu Mar 21 15:26:44 UTC 2002

Hi Steven,
I can not help you with the MPC826x BSP but I am currently
using OpenBSD for my cross-platform development.  My target
is a Motorola Coldfire and I am using the snapshot dated
2002/03/01.  I have not moved to the newer snapshots yet
since they require automake 1.5 which I do not have a port
for yet.  Below are my comments.  I hope they help.

1) Install GNU sed (version 3.02) and ensure it is in your
   path before the BSD sed.
2) Install GNU patch (version 2.5.4) and ensure it is in
   your path befor the default patch program.
3) Install GNU make (version 3.79.1).  Make a symbolic link
   from "gmake" to "make" and ensure it is in your path before
   the default make.
4) Install GNU m4 and ensure it is in your path before the
   default m4. (This may not be necessary but it doesn't hurt).
5) Install following programs and anything they require:
   autoconf 2.13
   automake 1.4
   libtool 1.3.5

Now try it out.  I have successfully built the m68k tools, gdb,
and the rtems source.  Also, I added an BDM loadable kernel module
driver for gdb.  I sent this to the BDM maintainer so it should
be included in the latest release.  I am assuming that NetBSD also
supports LKM so this driver should also work for you.  If your target
supports BDM, you should be able to debug using gdb and ddd.

Good Luck
Mike Siers

Surrey Satellite Technology Limited
http://www.sstl.co.uk
The views expressed in this email are my own(isn't that reassuring?)