Interrupts occurrence

Angelo Fraietta angelo_f at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 26 21:23:13 UTC 2002

I don't ever intend on sustaining that rate of input for more than eight
character bursts.

Last night I did some of the optimizations already within the PIC,
removing all the unnecessary 1us delays in the device driver used to
alleviate the original problems -- shifting errors in the PLA -- which
were now unnecessary as I had developed an error detection algorithm
that looks at a single byte. By removing these delays, I was able to
reduce the time to 370us. Additionally, this also reduced the number of
errors from 5-15 errors per 65K data transfers down to 1 error per 500K
errors.

Thanks a lot for your advice and I will keep it in mind as I develop the
project further.